THE VIRTUAL ENGLISH DEPARTMENT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It Deals With Literature & Linguistics. It Aims to Help the Students of English Depts. Register in Your Real Name. Prof. Abdul-Settar Abdul-Latif Al-Assady Welcomes You.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Dickens and The Brutality of The Victorian Age
Pinter Quits Playwriting Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 1:41 am by Abdul-Settar Abdul-Latif

» How directors' interpretations can obscure and even counteract the real shocks and scandals of great drama
Pinter Quits Playwriting Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 1:14 am by Abdul-Settar Abdul-Latif

» New Gay Theater Has More Love Than Politics
Pinter Quits Playwriting Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 12:45 am by Abdul-Settar Abdul-Latif

» The word Family
Pinter Quits Playwriting Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 5:45 pm by Ammar Jamal

» What is Syntax?
Pinter Quits Playwriting Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 5:15 pm by Ammar Jamal

» Thomas Wytt's Poetry
Pinter Quits Playwriting Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 4:59 pm by Ammar Jamal

» Shelley on Poetry: A Defence of Poetry Part 1
Pinter Quits Playwriting Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 2:56 pm by Abdul-Settar Abdul-Latif

» William Hazlit on Poetry
Pinter Quits Playwriting Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 2:44 pm by Abdul-Settar Abdul-Latif

» Coleridge on Poetry
Pinter Quits Playwriting Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 2:42 pm by Abdul-Settar Abdul-Latif

Our Members
SEE OUR OTHER LINKS
Basra Culture
  • Our Clip

Pinter Quits Playwriting

Go down 
    AuthorMessage
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Male
    Number of posts : 22
    Location, Address, Country : Qarmat-Ali, Basrah / Iraq
    College / Department : College of Education / English Dept.
    Registration date : 2007-10-11

Pinter Quits Playwriting Empty
    PostSubject: Pinter Quits Playwriting   Pinter Quits Playwriting Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 3:40 pm

Pinter Quits Playwriting

An "overwhelmed" Harold Pinter won the Nobel Prize for literature and then promptly announced he was giving up playwrighting.In awarding the prize, the Swedish Academy praised Pinter, 75, for restoring the play as an art form.
    "I have written 29 plays and I think that's really enough," said Pinter after a champagne celebration with his wife Lady Antonia Fraser at their London home."I think the world has had enough of my plays. "I shall certainly be writing more poetry and I'll certainly remain deeply engaged in the question of political structures in this world." Pinter is one of the most influential British playwrights of his generation and famous for work such as The Room, The Birthday Party, and The Caretaker.He has written more than 25 plays plus cinema screenplays including The French Lieutenant's Woman, The Accident, The Servant and The Go-Between.Pinter is credited with the invention of a new dramatic style known as the comedy of menace.The literary term Pinteresque describes a kind of challenging psychological drama featuring characters that may represent each other's fears, insecurities or latent sexuality.The Academy said: "Pinter restored theatre to its basic elements: an enclosed space and unpredictable dialogue where people are at the mercy of each other and pretence crumbles."
    Back to top Go down

Pinter Quits Playwriting
    Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
    THE VIRTUAL ENGLISH DEPARTMENT :: Literature :: Drama :: Modern Drama-
    Jump to:  
    Create a forum on Forumotion | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com